Wednesday, September 1, 2010

la llegada


This morning I arrived in Seville at a little before 10AM, which would mean a little before 1 AM. So, I'm a little sleepy right now. Jill, my roommate and I spent the afternoon attempting to unpack but then ended up taking a 4 hour nap in the middle of the day. Our room is small, but fits 2 beds, a small couch, 2 chairs, and 2 dresser things. There are paintings all over the walls because our host mother Maria is a painter, a lot of stuff in the apartment is her original artwork, like the picture I posted, its a painting of the 4 seasons. There are also some posters of children with creepy stares. Oh, and it was 104 today. We also found that we have internet in our apartment, which is super lucky and convenient. Dinner is usually around 10, we had sandwich and watermelon tonight.

Tomorrow is our orientation where we get cell phones... and that's all I know about that upcoming event. I am ready to go out and explore the city and see it all, tomorrow, right now its sleep time!

"Thou shalt not expect to find things as thou hast at home, for thou hast left home to find things different."

2 comments:

  1. love the quote about expectations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i miss u! so glad you got there safely and that you are settling in..... take TONS of pictures!!

    ReplyDelete