Sunday, September 12, 2010

la playa




To celebrate our first week of classes being over, a group of students from our program decided to go to Cadiz, (aka the beach in Spain!), on Saturday. We arrived there at about 8:40 in the morning, someone had the bright idea to suggest taking the 7 AM bus, but of course we were out until the early hours of the morning, because nothing happens in Spain until at least 11 PM because its so hot, still, so getting to the bus station on time was not exactly fun. Luckily, we were able to sleep on the beach. It was SO blue, like those beaches that you see on those beach calendars. They also had speakers on the beach to play music ranging from Michael Jackson to some classical pieces and everything in between. We had "mexican" food for lunch, or the spanish equivalent of a burrito. I think I'm just going to wait until I get back to the US to eat another burrito, Chipotle may be my first meal back in the Chicago airport. This experience made me miss Mexico for sure. After lunch we tried to stay in the shade, so we ate ice cream. We were going to leave early, but as we walked along the beach we decided that it would be a much better idea to swim in the water again and leave at 9 like we had originally planned. It turned out to be a great life decision. We dried off and then walked around the city, through very narrow streets, and saw the cathedral. We got back to Seville at about 11 PM.
Today we spent the majority of the day sleeping, doing our tarea (homework- Im reading this play for my Spanish theater class called Bodas de Sangre, yeah), and then I went on a run. I tried running in the park before, but it didn't really work out, so this time, as I approached the park, a man in a red Torres t-shirt ran past me, so I decided to follow him around the OUTSIDE of the park, which turns out, is the right way to run Parque de los Principes. Thank you red Torres t-shirt man.

"I'm writing you to catch you up on places I've been..." -John Mayer, 3x5

2 comments:

  1. Pretty much love the fact that you put "great life choice" in this post. Glad you are having soo much fun!! love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. mm torres. mi favorito :D wish i could be there!

    ReplyDelete