Friday, October 29, 2010

Hello Madrid, part dos

Where was I? Okay so we met up with Pablo, went to party with a bunch of international people (German, French, Spanish, and another American) and then went to an indie club. We ended up being out until about 7 AM.
After little sleep, we got up to catch the walking tour. Our guide, also named Pablo, this little man from Argentina, showed us all around Madrid and told us the inside scoop on places like Plaza del Sol, el palacio nacional, the cathedral, the Jewish quarter, the plaza mayor, Gran Via, and all of the different museums. We walked for 3 hours, and even though we were exhausted, we still felt like it was totally worth it.
On our way back to the hostal, we got a text from Pablo asking if we wanted to meet up again to go to Kapital, an epic club. Of course we said yes.
After eating a pizza for dinner, we got ready (we got extra dressed up for Kapital) and went to meet Pablo and some of our other new friends from the night before.
On our way, a man approached us with discount cards to get into Kapital at a discounted price, definitely a win.
Kapital was so fun. It had like 5 stories, my favorite was a floor that played only Spanish music and reminded me a lot of a cantina. We danced there for a while and then moved down to the main floor that played more techno music. The dance floor was packed with people. We made our way to the middle of the floor and proceeded to stay there dancing the rest of the night. Occasionally, the DJ would play American music, which had words, and everyone would sing, however Im pretty sure most of them didn't understand (they play a lot of American music in Spain) and then there was this mist/fog/cold air thing that would blast out of the ceiling every 2 to 3 songs and everyone would go crazy. We were out until about 5:30 in the morning, and then we had to say our good-byes to all of our new friends that we had made over the weekend. It was actually kind of really sad to say good-bye.
But then we all became facebook friends, so its okay.
The next day we went back to some of the sites we visited briefly on the tour. We went into the Reina Sofia museum, where we got to see Guernica by Picasso and other works by more modern Spanish painters. It was a really nice museum, but seeing as that we had so much to see and not so much time, we couldn't stay all day.
I also got an Iker Casillas jersey. I love him. (If you don't know who Iker Casillas is, you must have been living under a rock between June 11th and July 11th, google him).
All in all, Madrid was amazing, and I want to go back. 


Right now, we are packing for our fall vacation (and our current music obsession is Justin Bieber), we leave tomorrow; well Jill is packing, I packed earlier, I like to think I'm pretty good at packing. We are going to be traveling to Rome, Berlin, Amsterdam, and Barcelona. So if you could be praying for safe and fun travels for us, that would be great! It's going to be a fun adventure, I can't wait to write about it here!


"I don't want to think about life anymore, I just want to live life." -Donald Miller, Through Painted Deserts
*I just finished this book today, I loved it and will probably use more quotes from it.



1 comment: