Thursday, December 16, 2010

Me despido de ti

Here is the post about Granada. It was a while ago, but here are some fotitos!

The Alhambra was the last Muslim fortress in Spain. In 1492, Isabella y Ferdinand, Los Reyes Catolicos conquered the territory, but kept the fortress and palace around because they are gorgeous. The photos can speak for themselves about what it looked like. There is a lot of history to Granada, and it was cool to see it after learning about it our Tres Culturas class. We also saw the restos of Isabella and Ferdinand, as well as those of Juana la loca, Felipe, and some other guy who must have not been that important. I expected the chapel for Los Reyes Catolicos to be a lot grander than it was. Later I learned that they had wanted to be buried in the Alhambra, but they were moved to the chapel later. We also hiked up to Sacramonte, where the gypsies live in caves. Really.
In Granada, tapas are free with your beverage. This is awesome.
We had a wonderful time and it was a good last trip to wrap up our tour of Spain.
List of Spanish cities I've been to:
Sevilla
Cordoba
Huelva
Segovia
Salamanca
Toledo
Madrid
Barcelona
Granada
Not bad for 3 and half months.

Still haven't seen HP7....
Teatro siglo XX, best class ever.
Today was our last day of class. I was SO sad to leave and be done going to school in Spanish, seeing all of the people I have grown close to and used to over the semester. There are a lot of people and things I am going to miss. I haven't really taken the time to think about it all yet and I don't think I will be able to realize it all until I get home. So expect that post later. But I can say right now that I know I will miss my friends, my senora, my school, the Alcazar, speaking spanish, Don Simon, Jose Maria, Pablo, tapas, Phoenix cafe/tavern/bar/study spot, Buddha, meeting Spanish people, Real Madrid and the futbol culture, cafe time on Sundays......

"Me voy, que lástima pero adiós 
me despido de ti y 
me voy, que lástima pero adiós 
me despido de ti." - Julieta Venegas, Me Voy

No comments:

Post a Comment