Sunday, December 12, 2010

Club Julia and the penthouse

This past week Jill and I went to Granada, and I want to dedicate a post to it, but I need to get the photos from Jill first. It will be a study break sometime this week.

So I thought I would just do a little post with some Sevilla photos that Jill and I took when her mom was here and we did all of the touristy stuff. The cathedral, the giralda, torre del oro, los restos de Christopher Columbus, the Alcazar (which I have mentioned before)

On Thursday we did a Christmas party for children who are in a program that takes care of them while their parents are in prison or having problems, I'm not entirely sure what the specific situations are. It was about half of our group that went. We brought gifts for the kids that we had bought with money raised from a bake sale earlier in the semester and we sang Christmas carols in both Spanish and English and then some kids did a skit. One of the guys dressed as Santa for the skit and gave each kid their present and when the kid got their present they gave Santa a besito (little kiss on the cheek) and it was so precious. Then they all opened their presents and we got to play with them. A little girl who received a fairy princess costume came up to me and grabbed onto my hand and pulled me down to her level and asked me where Santa had gone, because she wanted to go with him. It was so cute. We continued to walk around, holding hands, around the chapel, looking for Santa, it was so cute! It made me miss the kids that I watched this summer.

Its weird to think that this is the last week. Yesterday I met with a group of girls from our program for chocolate and churros, we sat and talked for almost 2 hours and It was so fun and I realized that I am really going to miss spending time with the people on my program. I guess facebook does serve a purpose after all. However, there are things that I am looking forward to about being home- making Christmas cookies, spending time with my family, seeing my friends, In and Out burger, the beach (yes, I am ready to go back to Santa Barbara again). But not quite yet. I still have 5 days in Sevilla and I fully intend to make the most of them.

"Compare, where you are to where you want to be, and you'll get nowhere." -Sara Bareilles, Uncharted.

No comments:

Post a Comment